The Kentucky Small Business Development Center (KSBDC) in partnership with the Community and Economic Development Initiative of Kentucky (CEDIK) is proud to launch the “GrowKentucky” economic gardening program. In contrast to traditional business assistance, economic gardening focuses on strategic growth challenges, such as developing new markets, refining business models and gaining access to competitive intelligence.
The “GrowKentucky” program will provide strategic information and analysis customized to the needs of your business. Our specialists assist your company in four key areas: strategic market research, geographic information systems, search engine optimization and social media marketing.
This helps your company:
- Identify market trends, potential competitors and unknown resources
- Map geographic areas for targeted marketing
- Raise visibility in search engine results and increase web traffic
- Track websites, blogs and online communities to better understand current and potential customers
- Make informed decisions on core strategies and your business model
What To Expect:
The cost of the services provided are valued at $4,290. However, there are a limited number of scholarships available, subject to qualification.
Accepted companies will spend 8 to 12 hours collaborating with their research team. The team, in turn, will be spending additional time behind the scenes working on your company’s issues.
Identifying and prioritizing sales leads and business opportunities; refining your core strategies and business model; and using your website and social media to connect with customers and create buzz about your products or services.
You don’t even have to leave your office. All communications are handled through the phone and a secure online portal where a workspace will be assigned to your company.
How to get started
- Complete the online application. Among other things, you’ll be asked to submit revenue and employment numbers for the past five years. You’ll also be asked to list strategic business issues you need help with.
- Someone from our organization will contact you within 1 business day.
- Your application will be reviewed by the selection team.
- Once accepted into the program, we’ll schedule an interview between you and the research team to start the process.